The global economy currently faces weaknesses of social safety nets, exacerbating financial insecurity and inequality. While the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) policies in creating opportunities for all are important, so are policies reducing risks.
GDSI’s Director, Fiorina Mugione, will moderate a webinar on inclusive investment and entrepreneurship policies on Thursday 19th November from 15:00 – 16.30 (+1GMT) as part of Global Entrepreneurship Week. The webinar, supported by GDSI, will examine how these policies have the potential to contribute to social development by offering disadvantaged groups an opportunity to increase their earnings through self-employment, create jobs for others, while reducing poverty and building sustainable livelihoods.
The webinar will ask the following questions:
- How can inclusive investment and entrepreneurship and welfare policies reinforce each other?
- What are the best practices that have provided entrepreneurs and youth the right support?
- How can inclusive entrepreneurship and innovation policies interact with each other?
- What are the lesson learnt on entrepreneurship and SDGs implementation?
- Daniel Loeffler, Deputy Secretary-General at Department of economic development at State of Geneva
- Dawn Lyle, Founder iCreate and 4theRegion, Swansea, Wales, UK
- Daniel Akinmade Emejulu, Programme Manager UN Affairs Microsoft
- Joannie M. Bewa, United Nations Young Leader for SDGs
- Marta Perez Cuso, Economic Affairs Officer, United Nations Commission on Asia and Pacific (ESCAP)
- Isfandyar Zaman Khan, Lead Financial Sector Specialist, Europe & Central Asia, World Bank