Statistics and Survey Expert for TACSO 3 project
Western Balkan countries and home-based
2 pm CET on Thursday, July 14, 2022.
Interested candidates should send their CV in EU-format
The assessment project is expected to start in July 2022 and run through to December 2022.
We are looking for a non-key expert: Statistics and Survey Expert to work closely with a lead expert in conducting the first assessment against the Revised EU Civil Society Guidelines 2021 – 2027. The assessment is due to take place from July to December 2022.
Statistics and Survey Expert
The statistics and survey expert is responsible for providing a complete data set, and accompanying analysis, against the revised EU Civil Society Guidelines where the sources are the regional survey of civil society organisations and secondary survey and analytical data that is available for all countries (e.g., CAF World Giving Survey, V-Dem, etc).
She/he is responsible for:
- Design and testing of online survey using Survey Monkey or similar tool;
- Ensuring survey is well translated into local languages (Albanian, Serbian/Bosnian/Montenegrin, Macedonian, Turkish)
- Promotion of survey through TACSO channels (email, social media, etc) and TACSO partners in the region
- Organisation of data storage, structuring and coding as necessary;
- Analysis of questionnaire data, including preparation of relevant and high quality charts, tables and other data visualisations;
- Collection of regional data from secondary sources linked to indicators; preparation of charts, tables and other relevant data visualisations;
- Contribution to report writing, including preparation of specific sections, reviewing and commenting.
- Participation in team workshops and data validation sessions.
- Supporting finalisation of report
- Supporting finalisation of detailed methodology guide.
Required Profile of Survey and Statistics Expert:
The Expert should have the following educational background and professional experience:
Qualification and skills:
- University degree or equivalent (i.c. 8 years of professional experience following secondary education)
General Professional Experience
- At least 10 years of working experience, out of which at least 5 years of professional experience in an international setting
Specific Professional Experience
- At least five years experience in monitoring and evaluation roles, ideally including design of indicators and research methodologies
- And/or at least five years experience working with statistics and applied research techniques
- Experience in designing and applying online survey tools, e.g., Survey Monkey
- In-depth knowledge of civil society
- In-depth knowledge of relevant international treaties, and the EU accession process
- In-depth knowledge of the Western Balkans and Turkey region.
The primary language of the assignment is English, including communication and reporting to EU TACSO 3. Knowledge of another language spoken in the TACSO region would be an asset.