Senior Non-Key Expert on legal support of further development of the Concept Document on Volunteerism in Kosovo
Objectives and purpose of the TACSO 3 project:
The overall objective of the Civil Society Facility, of which this EU TACSO 3 project is a part, is to strengthen participatory democracies and the EU approximation process in the Western Balkans (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia) and Turkey.
The objective of this assignment is to support the entity in charge for drafting the Concept Note, Office of Good Governance/Office of Prime Minister of Kosovo with one Legal Expert to to undertake the necessary steps to address the identified issues and propose relevant content for supplementing the Concept Note.
To support this process, EU TACSO 3 project will engage one Senior Non-Key Expert (SNKE) to ensure that the issues identified by Office of Good Governance/Office of Prime Minister of Kosovo are taken as the basis for review of the Concept Document and the proposed solution for an oversight mechanism within OGG and moreover according to the legislation in place and do not collide with any other regulation.
The Expert will perform the necessary analysis and consultations with key beneficiaries, especially with the Office of Good Governance/Office of Prime Minister (OGG/OPM) as a coordinator of the project.
To download the Terms of Reference for this position please click here.
Required profile for the Expert:
The Expert should have the following educational background and professional experience:
Qualification and Skills:
- University degree in sociology, management, education, public administration, law, EU studies or equivalent (e., eight years of professional experience following secondary education);
- Excellent skills in drafting policy and legal documents;
- Excellent analytical, research, presentation, communication skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Fluency of local language (Albanian and/or Serbian) is essential.
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of practical experience working in the development of civil society sector in the EU countries, Western Balkans and Turkey (WBT) region, and/or Kosovo;
- At least 5 years of practical experience working in the area of volunteering or strategy development related to the enabling environment for CSOs.
Specific professional experience:
- At least five years of experience in drafting public policies, rules, and regulations;
- Working experience in the civil society context in the WBT region and/or Kosovo.
All final deliverables should be available in all three languages: English, Albanian and Serbian. Translation of final documents will be made available. Reporting, communication, and coordination with EU TACSO 3 are to be conducted in English.