Expert on Government Strategy for Cooperation with Civil Society in Kosovo
Home-based and Prishtina, Kosovo
Monday, 22 January 2024.
Interested candidates should submit:
1) their CV (in EU expert format) with the contact details of three referees, and
2) a cover letter describing how their experience meets the terms of reference,
By email to email@example.com by 22 January 2024 @9.00 CET with the subject: Application for EU CS Strategy XK. Successful applicants will be asked to complete a short written test, followed by an interview.
Up to 30 working days during January-April 2023
About the assignment:
The Office of Good Governance, Office of Prime Minister of Kosovo (OGG) submitted in May 2023 a request for Technical Assistance (TA) from EU TACSO 3. The request is based on a previous support that was provided to OGG during 2021-2022 and specifically requests a) provision of expertise for drafting of the new Government Strategy for Cooperation with Civil Society for the period 2024-2029 and b) provision of expertise for finalising the concept document on Volunteering in Kosovo. This TOR pertains to section a.
The request to TACSO for the development of the new Strategy for the next five years is expected to be based in the challenges that have been noted in the “Assessment Report of Implementation of the Government Strategy for Cooperation with Civil Society 2019-2023” and propose feasible approaches in tackling those challenges. Consultations and focus group meetings should take place with relevant counterparts especially by involving in the process the members of the Council and the CSO community in all regions of Kosovo. Additionally, the new document should make references to the DG NEAR Guidelines for EU Support to Civil Society in the Enlargement Region 2021-2027. Additionally, the document should be based on the Administrative Instruction (Grk) No. 07/2018 On planning and drafting Strategic Documents And Action Plans.
To download the Terms of Reference for this position please click here.
Approach and Scope of Work of the Expert:
The objective of assignment is to support the entity in charge for the Government Strategy for Cooperation with Civil Society in Kosovo, specifically the Office of Good Governance/Office of Prime Minister of Kosovo with expertise to undertake the necessary steps to review, consult and draft the new Government Strategy for Cooperation with Civil Society in Kosovo 2024-2029.
To support this process, EU TACSO 3 project will engage one Senior Non-Key Expert (SNKE) to ensure that the issues identified in the “Assessment Report of Implementation of the Government Strategy for Cooperation with Civil Society 2019-2023” and other findings from the consultation process are taken as the basis for drafting of the new strategy and its accompanying action plan. Assignment should be based on the Administrative Instruction (Grk) No. 07/2018 On planning and drafting Strategic Documents And Action Plans.
The Expert will perform the necessary analysis and consultations with key beneficiaries, especially with the Office of Good Governance/Office of Prime Minister (OGG/OPM) as a coordinator of the project. It is expected that the beneficiary will provide guidance in organizing all consultation meetings.
Specific tasks of the Expert will include:
- Finalise and agree the process of strategy development – project plan/timeline
General qualifications and experience:
The Expert should have the following educational background and professional experience:
Qualification and skills:
- University degree in sociology, management, education, public administration, law, EU studies or equivalent (e., eight years of professional experience following secondary education);
- Excellent skills in drafting policy and legal documents;
- Excellent analytical, research, presentation, communication skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Fluency of local language (Albanian and/or Serbian) is desired.
General professional experience:
- At least 10 years of practical experience working in the development of civil society sector in the EU countries, Western Balkans and Turkey (WBT) region, and/or Kosovo;
- At least 3 projects/experiences of working in the area of strategy development related to the enabling environment for CSOs.
- Experience working in or closely with public administration;
Specific professional experience:
- At least eight years of experience in drafting strategies public policies, rules, and regulations;
- Working experience in the civil society context in the WBT region and/or Kosovo.