Team Leader: Strategic Communications and Public Diplomacy Expert
Strategic Communication and Public Diplomacy for the EU Delegation to Rwanda
Tuesday, 10 January 2023.
The overall objective of the project is to implement a set of actions to:
- enhance the positive opinion of the EU and its actions in Rwanda and to underpin a better understanding and perception of the EU, its purpose, interests and values in a sustained way
- increase the visibility of the EU (including its Member States) and to communicate effectively on its partnership with Rwanda and contribution to the country’s development progress.
The purposes of this contract are to support the EU Delegation in:
Implementing its strategic communication:
- to widen and deepen public awareness of the EU and of EU cooperation with Rwanda, including through its development cooperation programmes in Rwanda and their impact,
- to enhance, secure and sustain awareness and recognition of the partnership between the European Union and Rwanda, the East African region and with the African Union at continental level,
- to foster understanding and perception of EU policies, objectives, and EU action in Rwanda.
Implementing its public diplomacy programme:
- by fostering alliances that would mobilise and advocate for a large array of EU foreign policy objectives, and be natural partners in the promotion of EU values or the projection of EU policies.
- by strengthening networks and partnerships with target groups (civil society organisation, think tanks and universities, students, youth, cultural professionals, private business),
- by increasing capacity of partners increased and links between stakeholders in Rwanda and the EU,
- by creating spaces for open and constructive exchange and dialogue, building on trustful relations and mutual respect.
To download the Terms of Reference for this assignment please click here
Required profile: Team Leader
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree, preferably in marketing, public relations, communications, media, or a university level qualification combined with three years of directly relevant professional experience;
- Proven professional expertise in marketing, public relations, event organisation and communications;
- Fluency in English, spoken and written;
- Knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda is an advantage.
- It would be an advantage, if the Team Leader/Senior expert would be based in Rwanda.
General professional experience:
- Preferably 10 years, but a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in areas related to communication campaigns, event management and public relations;
- Proven experience as a project manager/team leader;
- Demonstrated capabilities in leading communications campaigns and events.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the field of development cooperation and/or working on non-profit campaigns, as well as prior experience in the African Region would be a strong advantage;
- Minimum 7 years of experience in working with the European Union and familiarity with EU procedures would be an advantage.