Senior Expert in Private Sector Operations and International Investment Strategies
GDSI Limited of Ireland has been shortlisted for the EU-funded project “Support to the implementation of the EU-Japan Connectivity Partnership” project.
Overall objective is to support and strengthen the dialogue and cooperation between the EU and Japan on connectivity with the aim of contributing to operationalising the EU-Japan Partnership on Sustainable Connectivity and Quality Infrastructure within the wider framework of the EU Global Gateway and existing sectoral bilateral dialogues.
Key Expert 2: Senior Expert in Private Sector Operations and International Investment Strategies
Under the supervision of the Team Leader, the Key Expert 2 will provide technical advice on those areas regarding EU-Japan connectivity investment needs. He/she will follow the technical dialogue with financial institutions (EIB, EBRD and their Japanese counterparts such as JICA, JBIC, NEXI) in order to provide knowledge and bring lessons learnt from private sector operations and best practices, assessing and analysing policies and strategies across the range of connectivity key sec-tors, and targeted regions and countries to contribute to policy and technical cooperation discussions. In cooperation with the Team Leader, she/he will be responsible for the selection and the content of research activities, studies, seminars and workshops, as well as for the development of the content of communication and promotion materials and tools.
The Key Expert 2 is expected to work at least 330 working days during the 24-months project.
Qualifications and skills:
- University Degree in Economics, Business, Finance, Law or any other relevant discipline related to this project.
- Proficiency in English (oral and written).
- Excellent reporting and communication skills.
General professional experience:
- Minimum 10 years of post-graduate relevant experience in a sector relevant to the scope of the assignment.
Specific professional experience:
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate working experience in international investments’ operations, including hands-on experience in areas related to economic development, private sector involvement and business promotion;
- Having successfully undertaken at least 2 assignments in the following areas in the period 2017-2022 (as of the deadline for submitting offers): public and private funding for development and its main modalities (guarantees, blending, etc.).
- Previous experience working in Japan and/or Western Balkans /Eastern Europe /Central Asia /Asia-Pacific;
- Knowledge of Japanese language;
- Knowledge of EC procedures.
All experts must bе independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.