PR and Events Organisation Expert
Strategic Communication and Public Diplomacy for the EU Delegation to Rwanda
Tuesday, 10 January 2023.
The overall objective of the project is to implement a set of actions to:
- enhance the positive opinion of the EU and its actions in Rwanda and to underpin a better understanding and perception of the EU, its purpose, interests and values in a sustained way
- increase the visibility of the EU (including its Member States) and to communicate effectively on its partnership with Rwanda and contribution to the country’s development progress.
The purposes of this contract are to support the EU Delegation in:
Implementing its strategic communication:
- to widen and deepen public awareness of the EU and of EU cooperation with Rwanda, including through its development cooperation programmes in Rwanda and their impact,
- to enhance, secure and sustain awareness and recognition of the partnership between the European Union and Rwanda, the East African region and with the African Union at continental level,
- to foster understanding and perception of EU policies, objectives, and EU action in Rwanda.
Implementing its public diplomacy programme:
- by fostering alliances that would mobilise and advocate for a large array of EU foreign policy objectives, and be natural partners in the promotion of EU values or the projection of EU policies.
- by strengthening networks and partnerships with target groups (civil society organisation, think tanks and universities, students, youth, cultural professionals, private business),
- by increasing capacity of partners increased and links between stakeholders in Rwanda and the EU,
- by creating spaces for open and constructive exchange and dialogue, building on trustful relations and mutual respect.
To download the Terms of Reference for this assignment please click here
Required profile: Junior Expert
Qualifications and skills:
- University qualification, preferably in public relations, event management, media or logistics, or equivalent level of professional experience;
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in the field of public relations, event management and/or communications;
- Fluency in English, spoken and written;
- Knowledge of Kinyarwanda is a strong advantage, knowledge of French is also a bonus;
- The candidate is expected to deliver services under this contract in and from Rwanda, for at least 90% of the duration of the performance action.
General professional experience:
- Proven experience in organisation of events is essential;
- Candidate should have a strong understanding of communication campaigns, branding, and negotiating with suppliers.
Specific professional experience:
- Track record of carrying out successful public events and campaigns in Rwanda and/or the East African region is essential.