Innovative Financing Expert
The technical assistance will be implemented at the central / national level (National Treasury, situated in Pretoria, South Africa, which is the operational base). The programme will be based at national level, but interventions and activities will be implemented across the spheres of government and its entities.
Technical Assistance Facility to Support Sustainable Infrastructure Development in South Africa
Monday, 23 January 2023.
Interested candidates should send their CV
June 1, 2023.
The Overall objective (expected impact) of the project is promote inclusive and sustainable development of South Africa and achieving the SDGs.
The specific objective (Outcome) of this contract is as follows:
The Outcome (specific objective) is improved policy and regulatory environment and institutional framework for stimulation of innovative technical and financing models for sustainable infrastructure development within all three spheres of government – national, provincial and local.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
The infrastructure technical assistance facility (ITAF) will be aimed at technical assistance that contributes to efficient, effective preparation leading to the design of sustainable and financially viable infrastructure programmes that will attract appropriate investment. The ITAF will access local and international experts who will assist in skills and knowledge transfer to relevant public role players in the infrastructure sectors. A key aspiration of the ITAF is to support high quality evidence-based research that will result in leading infrastructure financing and technical models, being created in the South African context.
To download the Terms of Reference for this assignment please click here
Required profile: Key Expert 2: Innovative Financing Expert ( for a minimum of 880 working days)
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a Master’s degree academic level in Economics, Business, Finance, or related field with more than 6 years’ experience; OR, a Bachelor’s academic level in economics, business administration or in any related field with 10 years’ experience.
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years of professional experience in infrastructure finance, with responsibility for developing and applying innovative finance in infrastructure projects – or related development finance transactions.
- At least more than 6 years of experience working with government (including SOEs) and the private sector.
- At least more than 6 years of experience in training, facilitation or organisation of learning programmes would be an added advantage.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 6 years ’experience in public sector finance.
- At least 6 years of experience in financing instruments and mechanisms, as well infrastructure sectors or financing of sustainable (green) infrastructure would be advantageous.
- At least 6 years of experience in international development funding, including bilateral institutions, multilateral institutions, foundations, and the private sector would be advantageous.
- Experience in at least 6 established national, regional and international projects related to infrastructure investment, and/or project finance for public infrastructure projects.
- Experience in applying innovative finance or innovative techniques in at least 6 infrastructure projects would be a strong advantage.