Governance & Accountability Expert
The technical assistance will be implemented at the central / national level (National Treasury, situated in Pretoria, South Africa, which is the operational base). The programme will be based at national level, but interventions and activities will be implemented across the spheres of government and its entities.
Technical Assistance Facility to Support Sustainable Infrastructure Development in South Africa
Monday, 23 January 2023.
June 1, 2023.
The Overall objective (expected impact) of the project is promote inclusive and sustainable development of South Africa and achieving the SDGs.
The specific objective (Outcome) of this contract is as follows:
The Outcome (specific objective) is improved policy and regulatory environment and institutional framework for stimulation of innovative technical and financing models for sustainable infrastructure development within all three spheres of government – national, provincial and local.
The purpose of this contract is as follows:
The infrastructure technical assistance facility (ITAF) will be aimed at technical assistance that contributes to efficient, effective preparation leading to the design of sustainable and financially viable infrastructure programmes that will attract appropriate investment. The ITAF will access local and international experts who will assist in skills and knowledge transfer to relevant public role players in the infrastructure sectors. A key aspiration of the ITAF is to support high quality evidence-based research that will result in leading infrastructure financing and technical models, being created in the South African context.
To download the Terms of Reference for this assignment please click here
Required profile: Key Expert 3: Governance & Accountability Expert ( for a minimum of 880 working days)
Qualifications and skills:
- At least a Master’s degree academic level in Economics, Business, Finance, or related field with more than 6 years’ experience; OR, a Bachelor’s academic level in economics, business administration or in any related field with 10 years’ experience.
General professional experience:
- At least 6 years ’professional experience in financial or business and management analysis and modelling.
- At least more than 5 years of experience working with government (including SOEs) and the private sector.
- At least more than 5 years of experience in training, facilitation or organisation of learning programmes would be an added advantage.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 6 years of experience in project management, or monitoring and evaluation of at least one large infrastructure or development finance project of comparable value as one of the maximum budgets stated in the Contract Notice.
- At least 6 years of experience in planning and implementation of infrastructure projects for communities (including women and marginalised groups), and on increasing their engagement with public sector.
- At least 6 years of experience in the public infrastructure sector with multiple stakeholders, including development finance institutions, or academia, or private sector or civil society.
- Experience related to the rules and regulations in the public infrastructure and finance in South Africa.
- Working knowledge of the public, private and civil society infrastructure eco-system in South Africa would be advantageous, demonstrated through previous working experience in South Africa.