Country Monitors: Senior and Junior Experts to monitor EU Civil Society Assistance in EaP countries
Monitoring of EU Civil Society Assistance – Belarus, the Ukraine, Republic of Moldova, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan
Belarus, the Ukraine, Republic of Moldova, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan
Friday, 12 August 2022.
GDSI Ltd has been shortlisted for the EU-funded project entitled “Monitoring of EU Assistance to Civil Society Organisations in Belarus, Ukraine, Republic of Moldova, Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan” (Project Ref. No: NEAR/2022/EA-RP/0038).
The overall objective is to strengthen civic resilience and grassroots democracy in the Eastern Partnership.
The specific objective (Outcome) of this contract is to improve the quality and effectiveness of EU support to civil society through continuous monitoring and analysis of EU-funded civil society projects.
We are looking for Country Monitors in EaP region: Senior and Junior Experts per the profiles required below:
The pool of non-key experts will be mainly – but not only – tasked with the carrying out of monitoring activities of EU projects, following the framework agreed in the inception report. The team of experts must cover all six countries and have an excellent command of the respective local language(s). All proposed experts must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be fluent in English; the proposed country monitors should spend at least 80% of their time input in the assigned EaP country, unless the circumstances warrant an alternative solution.
Non-key experts will also support the key experts in other relevant tasks as set out in the Organisation & Methodology. They must be available to travel extensively in the country where they are posted.
The profiles of the non-key experts for this contract are as follows:
- The country monitoring experts are expected to have at least a Bachelor degree, preferably in social science or in a relevant, directly related discipline. In the absence of a degree, the expert must prove 3 years of professional experience in the field of civil society, democracy and/or human rights; they must have proven experience in monitoring and evaluations;
- Senior experts should have at least 8 years of assignment specific experience or as the circumstances require in agreement with the Contracting Authority;
- Working experience with civil society;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the country’s CSO landscape;
- Experience in international donor funded projects;
- Experience in communication and visibility, including in social media management;
- Experience in data management and analysis;
- Experience in quality assurance.