Facilitator(s) of the Structured Dialogue between the EU and CSOs in the Southern Neighbourhood
Med Dialogue for Rights and Equality II – Civil Society Facility South
Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia
Friday, 12 August 2022.
GDSI Limited has been shortlisted for the EU-funded project entitled “Med Dialogue for Rights and Equality II – Civil Society Facility South”.
The overall objective is to foster and promote a functioning pluralistic and participatory democracy in the Southern Neighbourhood countries.
The specific objectives of this contract are as follows:
- To improve the skills of civil society leaders in policy making process, policy dialogue and advocacy;
- To support the EU and CSOs in the Southern Neighbourhood in their structured dialogue with the European Union -in close collaboration with the Framework Partners and the EU Delegations;
- To improve the DG NEAR HQ and EU Delegations’ capacities to work with civil society.
General responsibilities and tasks:
Facilitator(s) of the structured dialogue between the EU and CSOs in the Southern Neighbourhood
Indicative input: 450 working days
Facilitator(s) will be part of the team.
- Providing facilitation (as honest broker) of effective synergies with Framework Partners and EUDs provided -both in countries which have a bilateral structured dialogue and those without such a process;
- Facilitation of civil society forums, dialogue events, and specific meetings such steering committee;
- Support the partners (EU and CSOs) in the follow up and uptake of dialogue results
Qualifications and skills (combined as a team)
- Academic profile: Masters-level university degree or equivalent (i.e. 6 years of relevant professional experience following secondary education)
- Proven ability to manage a complex constellation of stakeholders.
- Fluency in English, Arabic and French is mandatory
General professional experience (combined)
- At least 10 years of working experience, out of which at least 5 years of professional experience in an international context (in addition to the years of relevant professional experience required to compensate for the absence of a university degree).
Specific professional experience (combined)
- At least 5 years of working experience with civil society in developing countries, including at least 2 in the Neighbourhood south region , and;
- At least 3 years of experience as process facilitators;
- Proven knowledge of the latest EU strategies concerning CSOs such as the Structured Dialogue process will be an asset.
All experts must bе independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.