Communication Expert/Coordinator in the Neighbourhood south region
Med Dialogue for Rights and Equality II – Civil Society Facility South
Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Tunisia
Friday, 12 August 2022.
GDSI Limited has been shortlisted for the EU-funded project entitled “Med Dialogue for Rights and Equality II – Civil Society Facility South”.
The overall objective is to foster and promote a functioning pluralistic and participatory democracy in the Southern Neighbourhood countries.
The specific objectives of this contract are as follows:
- To improve the skills of civil society leaders in policy making process, policy dialogue and advocacy;
- To support the EU and CSOs in the Southern Neighbourhood in their structured dialogue with the European Union -in close collaboration with the Framework Partners and the EU Delegations;
- To improve the DG NEAR HQ and EU Delegations’ capacities to work with civil society.
General responsibilities and tasks:
Key expert 3: Communication coordinator will mainly be responsible for the communication activities in cooperation with KE1 and KE2:
- Management of the existing Med Dialogue website and its e-library in cooperation with the FPAs (although the FPAs will have their separate website, the Med Dialogue website should promote also the structured dialogue; the current website is foreseen to be handed over and it is in open-source software);
- Support to FPAs in the communication activities;
- Conception and drafting of communication supports of the dialogue events;
Indicative input: 300 working days
Qualifications and skills
- Academic profile: Bachelor-level university degree or equivalent (i.e. 4 years of relevant professional experience following secondary education), fields of communication, international relations or social sciences will be an asset
- Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory. Knowledge of French as a working language will be an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 3 years of working experience, out of which at least 2 years of professional experience in an international or regional context (in addition to the years of relevant professional experience required to compensate for the absence of a university degree).
Specific professional experience:
- At least 2 years of working experience in designing and developing digital content, civic tech solutions and/or IT applications.
- Previous experience in communications and similar events is mandatory.
- Previous experience in the Neighbourhood south region is mandatory.
All experts must bе independent and free from conflicts of interest in the responsibilities they take on.