Mid-term evaluation of the European Union emergency trust fund for stability and addressing root causes of irregular migration and displaced persons in Africa 2015-2019
GDSI Limited was awarded the contract for conducting Mid-term evaluation of the European Union emergency trust fund for stability and addressing root causes of irregular migration and displaced persons in Africa 2015-2019. The evaluation has started on February 18, 2019. It covers the period since its creation in November 2015 until present.
The thematic scope of the EUTF is quiet broad. Its' main drivers are to support stability, save and protect people, create economic opportunities and legal pathways. Four main thematic areas are covered by the evaluation:
- the promotion of economic and equal opportunities;
- the strengthening of the resilience of communities, especially vulnerable people, refugees and displaced people;
- the improvement of migration management in countries of origin, transit and destination; and
- the enhancement of governance and conflict prevention.
In line with EU policies, the EUTF for Africa aims to improve the link and coherence between short-term assistance and long-term efforts to tackle root causes of crisis and reduce chronic poverty and vulnerability. As such, the thematic scope of this evaluation includes also the nexus between sustainable development, humanitarian action, peace and security and resilience building.
The evaluation will assess:
- the relevance and coherence9 of the EUTF for Africa strategic approaches
- the intermediary results of the EUTF for Africa, focusing on effectiveness, efficiency.
- the value added10 of the EUTF for Africa,
- the 3Cs: coordination and complementarity of the European Union's interventions with other donors' interventions (focusing on EU Member States); and coherence between the European Union 's interventions in the field of development cooperation and other European Union policies that are likely to affect the partner country/region
As this is a midterm evaluation, it is expected that a strong focus will be on effectiveness and efficiency (analysing intermediary results). However attention will also be given to future prospects for impact and sustainability.
Published at 2019-02-20 13:14:00